terrisj02

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Poem : Alone

Alone

Lying, thinking

Last night

How to find my soul a home

Where water is not thirsty

And bread loaf is not stone

I came up with one thing

And I don't believe I'm wrong

That nobody,

But nobody

Can make it out here alone.



Alone, all alone

Nobody, but nobody

Can make it out here alone.



There are some millionaires

With money they can't use

Their wives run round like banshees

Their children sing the blues

They've got expensive doctors

To cure their hearts of stone.

But nobody

No, nobody

Can make it out here alone.



Alone, all alone

Nobody, but nobody

Can make it out here alone.



Now if you listen closely

I'll tell you what I know

Storm clouds are gathering

The wind is gonna blow

The race of man is suffering

And I can hear the moan,

'Cause nobody,

But nobody

Can make it out here alone.



Alone, all alone

Nobody, but nobody

Can make it out here alone.

By: Maya Angelou


I chose to read the poem " Alone" by Maya Angelou because in life once every person hits that certain age they just want to leave and go someplace else. I'm sure everyone who leaves says that they'll make it on their own and make something of themselves. In some cases, majority do become something, and I think those who do are the ones who looked back at their parents and seen what they did or what they went through and maybe decided that they wanted to make better for themselves. Although they go away to school or where ever, their heart is still back at home. I think when people first decide to leave they go but I don't think that they go alone. By that I mean while they're away, they end up finding and meeting new people. I agree with the poem that nobody can make it alone because where would they go or what would they do if they didn't know anybody. They would be completely lost.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lyssa said...

Hey Terri, I love the poem that you chose to write about. It's sad but it tells the truth. I think its hard leaving the rez, because their are so many memories and so many loved ones back at home. Because us natives have alot of cousins. Lol. I was just being bored early this morning and thought you'd love it if I left a comment for you on your booger I mean blogger.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Terri Jimerson said...

Hey Lyssa, this is the first time I've checked my blog in a wile but nya weh for leaving me a comment and we'll keep updated on our english assignments.lol. But yea i think it's a good poem too because like you said, it does tell the truth. That is why I'm not leaving.lol. but i have to get back to writing my posts because I owe two of them.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Geist said...

Look at you, Miss Poetic. Awesome choice of poems. You are a great person and I am so glad you come down and hang out. You are one cool cookie.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Stephen Goss said...

make up missed posts... see me asap.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile